Dr. Pham Dang Long Co
Dr. Tam Nguyen
Gia Ly, MBA
The Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce was established in 1985 in Little Saigon, California by Dr. Pham Dang Long Co, founder of Bolsa Medical Group, and the longest standing president of the chamber. It is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization composed of business owners and corporate representatives throughout Southern California, United States and Southeast Asia.
Thus far, it is the oldest and largest non-profit organization of its kind helping new businesses scale and established corporations thrive. The chamber continues to grow within the Vietnamese community while branching into other organizations.
Facts About the Chamber
- VACOC hosted the first Tet Parade and Tet Festival in California
- VACOC established the first Vietnamese business directory for the community with nearly 10,000 business listings
- 2010 – VACOC hosted US Secretary of Commerce Honorable Gary Locke in Little Saigon and Vietnamese-American owned businesses
- 2011 – VACOC hosted the 1st annual fireworks booth
- 2015 – VACOC celebrated its 30th anniversary